Sunday, February 8, 2009

Going the whole 337km

Well, my bicycle tour has now taken on a life of it's own. The whole trip is approximately 337km from Campbelltown to Canberra with overnight stops in: Bargo, Moss Vale, The Pauline Monks Monastery, Marulan, Goulburn, Tarago and Bungendore.

The whole journey is 8 days (7 nights), follows mostly secondary country roads and if Google maps provides any useful satellite photos, it appears to pass many farms and rural properties, which hold promise for some beautiful country scenery.

I am already excited about it, I need to remind myself that this will be my first bicycle tour, and perhaps a more modest ambition to go to Bargo, camp and enjoy the area for a 4-day trip (ride there Friday, ride home Monday) will probably be an ideal proving ground for my capabilities.

No comments:

Post a Comment